Today is Day 2 of my 30 Day Blogging Challenge, and Day 2 is to write “20 Facts About Myself”. I’ve also been tagged by 3 people on Instagram to take on this challenge, and since I rarely take any pictures, I have decided to post it on my blog instead, partly also because it gives me more time to think, and there’s no word limit on WordPress. I’m going to avoid all the cliches like my date of birth, height, weight and other things people would know about me through personal observation or just simply by taking a look at my Facebook profile– so here goes nothing.
1) I am a novice baker and cook. I’ve recently picked up baking and cooking– my favourite go-to dishes being muffins, brownies and an array of pastas. My dad seems to think that I have been possessed, but I told him it is absolutely necessary for me to pick up more skills so he can claim a higher dowry when he marries me off one day. Truthfully? I’m sick of having to buy pastries and good food.
2) I have absolutely no patience for children, although I have been tutoring kids on and off for a few years now. At this point in time, I picture myself having a childless marriage. I might change my mind in the future, I might not. The one thing I am certain of is that I want pets. Lots of them.
3) I am very much enthralled with Hollywood. Call me shallow and worldly, call me whatever you like. I have a penchant for movies, music, celebrities and TV shows like no other. One of my biggest dreams one day is to tour Los Angeles– Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood Walk of Fame, production studios, the works.
4) Christmas never ends for me. I listen to carols all year long, and the sound of jingling bells excites me to the core.
5) Everyone knows I want to be a writer; very few know that what I really want is to write about life and people who inspire me. I aim not to be a fiction writer, neither do I aim to be an ordinary journalist. My real dream is to tell people about my stories and have them share theirs with me. To inspire, and to be inspired.
6) I have very few friends that I truly cherish. Many of my friends, I feel, have a lack of true sympathy and empathy towards other people. The ones that do, however, are the ones who I know will stand by me till the end of time, and who I will stand by in sickness and in health, in rain and in shine.
7) I have been labelled as “perpetually annoyed”, and I don’t even mind because it is true. I don’t think I have ever not been annoyed by anyone before.
8) My literary guilty pleasure is coming-of-age books that depict the daily struggles of teenagers, mainly because I still think I am one, although I’m well out of my teens. Ironically, however, I still correct my mother every time she calls me a teenager.
9) I’m really bad with money. I either spend way too much, or I spend way too little. “Moderation” does not exist in my vocabulary when it comes to personal financial management. I have been known to deprive myself of basic necessities for months on end to save up for a shopping spree, where I end up spending hundreds in a day, half of which is spent on clothes for other people, simply because I like seeing people the way I imagine them to be. This is also likely attributed by my allergy towards numbers.
10) What I lack in self control, I make up for in love for pizza and pasta.
11) I am extremely anal when it comes to my handwriting. My notes have to be neat, even if I will never look at them ever again. Each word must be precisely written, and spacings must be equal in length. My secondary school teachers remember me for nothing else except my handwriting. I guess that says a lot about my grades.
12) I have a serious lack of motivation to exercise, partly because I am afraid of what people would say about me if I lost any weight. Oh, who am I kidding? I’m just a lazy shit who would rather bum around the house than to get off my ass and break out a sweat.
13) I am probably the biggest cusser you’ll ever meet.
14) I am easily aggravated by rude and uncouth people, which is basically 95% of the world’s population, if you ask me. My pet peeves include tardiness, spitting and shitty drivers. Oh, and also people who can’t speak English.
15) I have very strict principles against drugs, alcohol and smoking. For reasons I will not reveal, I’m very strongly against indulging in any of the three aforementioned vices, which is why I have never, not even once, drunk alcohol, smoked cigarettes or done any kind of drugs.
16) It only takes one alarm to wake me up in the morning. I rarely use my snooze button, because once I’m awake, there’s no going back to sleep. I also have the ability to program myself to wake up early (even before my alarm) in the event of an exam, presentation or something important like that.
17) I’m very selective about the people I choose to spend time with. I don’t reveal much to people about myself, and I’ve become guarded over the years. Leave no room for disappointment.
18) When I write something, I read it a thousand times over to make sure I do not commit any fatal grammatical errors. Very dramatic, I know, but I always make sure my written work is as close to being perfect as it can get. However, when I start to open my mouth, I sound like every typical Malaysian.
19) If there is such a thing as being nearly lactose intolerant, I am your model example. Certain types of milk make me queasy, other types have no effect on me. Either way, I love milk. It is the only beverage (other than water) that I do not abhor.
20) I am very glad to be done with this list. It took me a whole day to compose this post, and I am proud to say that I have managed to churn out 20 facts about myself even though I’m really not that interesting of a person.